Electric R/C assembly kit of one of the most representative American pick-up trucks, the FordF-350. The model features a realistic ladder frame, 3-speed transmission and shaft drive 4WDsystem. Highly detailed injection molded body and large diameter wheels enhance the stylish high-ground-clearance look. Original marking stickers add to the truck&39;s overall realism.
METAL & METAL PLATED PARTS
- An abundance of metal parts such as ladder frame, under guard, front guard, leaf springs, and aluminum friction dampers are included.
- Rollbar, road light, front grille, front/rear bumper, side-step, diff guard, wheels, and muffler feature metal-plated finish.
ADD LED LIGHTS (SOLD SEPARATELY) Use a Multi-Function Unit to depict working headlights, tail lights, and roll bar lights for even more incredible realism.
MULTI-FUNCTION UNIT This Multi-Function Unit will bring even more enjoyment to the operation of the R/C Ford F350. Featuring realistic sound effects recorded from actual vehicles, controllable LED lights, and other movement effects, this unit will greatly expand the potential of your Ford F350.
LADDER FRAME A Durable and realistic ladder frame consists of a steel channel and resin cross member.
PROPELLER SHAFTS F/R propeller shafts feature universal joints to efficiently transmit power even if the suspension is moving up and down.
QUICK BATTERY HOLDER
- The battery is held in a low position for excellent weight balance and stability.
- Easy access holder allows running battery to be exchanged without removing the body.
4WS STEERING ROD
- 4-wheel steering can be enabled by adding kit kit-supplied rear axle tension rod.
- 4-wheel steering enables an even tighter turning radius, perfect when using a truck indoors or in confined space.
WHEELS & TIRES
- Newly designed monster truck tires feature a lug patte suited for driving on rough surfaces.
- Apply cement to wheels and tires when running on rough terrain.
- Wo out wheel hubs can be replaced with 53056 Pin type Wheel Adapter.
Low gear > 2nd gear > Top gear
- Newly designed 3-speed transmission provides
smooth low-speed running and allows gear
changing while running.
1:64.39 > 1:35.20 > 1:21.14
- Includes slipper clutch as standard part to protect
gears during tough off-road running.
DIFFERENTIAL GEAR Durable resin gear case with integrated die-cast differential gear.
- Differential lock, essential for driving on rough roads, may be easily enabled by simply removing F/R diff case covers and removing screw pins.
- By using a differential lock, drive power is transmitted even if the wheels on one side are not grounded.
LEAF SPRING SUSPENSION F/R suspension with friction dampers allows tension adjustment by altering a number of leaf springs.
- Features red anodized aluminum cylinder. The damping effect can be adjusted by applying separately available Friction Damper Grease and adding o-rings. Select according to ground conditions and leaf spring number.
- Standard: normal running Default settings.
- Soft: low-speed, high grip running Use 2 leaf springs and adjust tension using damper grease (soft) 53174.
- Hard: stable and high-speed running Use 5 leaf springs and apply damper grease (medium) 53175 or (hard) 53176.
- Kit includes a total of 42pcs of Metal bearings(bushings) (35pcs x 1150, 4pcs x 1260, 2pcs x 850 size metal and 1pc of 1050 size ball bearings).
- Metal bearings require periodic application of grease to maintain performance. Separatelyavailable ball bearings do not require this treatment and are highly recommended.
- This kit is designed to be used only with a pre-supplied type 540 motor and pinion gear.
REQUIRED ITEMS (NOT INCLUDED) RADIO CONTROL UNIT TRANSMITTER, RECEIVER, ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLER (ESC), STEERING SERVO & SHIFT SERVO
- Requires 4-channel, 2-servo digital proportional R/C unit with electronic speed controller with variable forward and reverse function.
- Use of Futaba Attack 4WD (4ch) or stick-type transmitter with slide trim is recommended to perform gear change while running. The Airtronics VG400/600 model radios are also capable as they feature slide trim and self-neutral control sticks.
- 2ch R/C unit cannot be used as it cannot shift gears.
- PCM type receiver may not be used as it may cause radio interference when used with separately available Multi-Function Unit.
ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLER
- Use high-power type ESC with reverse function (maximum continuous current: forward 120A, reverse 60A, FET regulation).
- A high-spec ESC is especially recommended when running on rough terrain.
- TEU-302BK Electronic Speed Controller (ITEM 45028) is recommended.
- Not for use with TEU-101BK Electronic Speed Controller.
- While a standard-type steering servo is sufficient, a high-torque servo is recommended when running on rough terrain.
- Use of ITEM 50473 High Torque Servo Saver White or ITEM 51000 High Torque ServoSaver Black will further improve efficacy.
- Do not use small, large, or high-speed servo.
- Tamiya 7.2V running battery
- Eight R6/AA/UM3 batteries for the transmitter.
Battery and Radio information 1. Any Tamiya 7.2V battery can be used to power the vehicle. Different milliampere-hour (mAh) values may affect the amount of running time enabled by the battery. For example, a 7.2V 1400SP battery should normally enable 10 to 15 minutes of running time. However, please note that actual running time may decrease due to extended full throttle and other high-power running.
2. The following 4-channel R/C unit (self-neutral stick type transmitter/receiver) is recommended for optimum operation: FUTABA ATTACK 4WD (T4VWD/FP-R114H) The Airtronics VG400/600 model radios are also capable as they feature slide trim and self neutral control sticks.
Be aware that using an R/C unit without a self-neutral system may increase the difficulty of operation. Without self-neutralising channels (spring-loaded sticks) the operator is left to center the throttle and steering without the aid of self-centering springs, which makes driving the truck harder than it needs to be.
4-channel wheel-type transmitters can be used with ITEM 58372, but will not be able to be used with a kit equipped with a Multi-Function Unit (To be released).
PPM receivers are recommended for use with this kit.
PCM receivers are not compatible with a kit equipped with a Multi-Function Unit.
Other makers&39; radio control units of 4 or more channels can be used, but may not realize the optimum functioning of this kit.
Recommended use of a similar R/C unit as used with ITEM 56511 Tractor Truck Multi-Function Control