1/12 Lotus Type 78, w/Photo- Etched Parts Plastic Model,
This model kit recreates the famous Lotus Type 78, which was driven by Mario Andretti and Gunnar Nilsson. The Lotus Type 78 made its name in automotive racing history as the first full-fledged wing car in Formula One. The race car has a slender body based on a sharp wedge shape, and the inside of the side pontoon has a wing shape that is upside down with inverted aircraft-like wings to achieve a greater down-force effect without increasing air resistance.
- 1/12 scale plastic assembly model. Length: 381mm, width: 171mm, height: 76mm.
- New decals are included to depict Goodyear logos at the nose and front /rear end plate sections.
- Coil spring suspension allows movement.
- Front tires move in unison when moving the steering wheel.
- The fuel pipe and the ignition cord components are connected to the DFV engine parts.
- The front cowl, cockpit cowl, radiator ducts, and induction box are removable.
- Photo-etched parts include brake discs, a radiator, two types of front and rear wingtips, and seat buckles to complete the set.